Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Day of a Sick Mom

Ok, so I am very grumpy, as this is day 2 of the bug and my tummy is still yucky. In addition my throat also hurts. So this is what my day looks like when I am sick on the second day. 

1. Drive and drop off Eric at his day program.  
2.  Start Roomba off in any given room.  
3.  Gather, sort , prioritize, then start the laundry. It is nearing knee high because I skipped yesterday.  
4.  Start the dishwasher and do the dishes in the sink.  John, can empty the dishwasher later. 
5.  Make a cuppa tea and rest for a bit. 
6. Knit hats, because I don't have the energy to do anything else. I can also knit a basic hat in my sleep. 
7.  Pick up Eric from his day program. 
8.  Watch PBS Kids with Eric until his aide comes. 
9.  I put John in charge of dinner before he left for work, so I can skip cooking dinner tonight. 
10. Help get Eric ready for bed. Tell him he can not have a good night kiss because mommy is still sick and watch him pout.  
11. Hope I get a good nights sleep knowing that I hit day 2 of the cold because my body was back in kilter.  Also knowing that this cold will cause a flare up and that there is nothing that can be done about it.  This is the reason I hate my own body sometimes. 

Time for more rest and tea.  I promise that if I am feeling better tomorrow, I won't be so grumpy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment